Thursday 17 March 2011

<< Rewind

So this may be a little out of order, but just wanted to introduce myself :) My name’s Robert but Rob is just fine. I have a strong interest in Architectural design, which carried me through my Major Design Project for Design and Technology, and was nominated for the DesignTECH exhibit earlier this year. That said, my interest extends to all aspects of design, art and music especially.


Music, particularly minimal techno, has played a very important role in my life since around 2006, where I decided to be creative and design my own independent music label as a “hobby” … little did I know that now, 5 years later, that project has morphed into something quite amazing …


Apart from this, I like to cook and love driving around with friends.


My favourite designers to date are Le Corbusier, Achille Castiglioni, Philippe Starck, Garth Roberts and Antonio Citterio. There are some really great independent artists as well, that may not be superstars, but also produce some amazing works around the world.  


I believe that this Industrial Design course will provide me with a broadened and detailed knowledge of design, designers and processes involved in the successful creation of a form that one or many can find useful, or simply enjoy for a long period of time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment