Thursday 17 March 2011



My poster mash - up design! 


The main image is a Self portrait of Luis Melendez, a painter famous for his amazingly life - like paintings of fruits, vegetables and household grocery items. Scholars of the time say he spent more time adjusting light settings and fixing shadows than mixing his paint palette!


In 1747, Melendez’s artworks were considered a high point in realism and life - like accuracy. Today, the pinnacle of realistic representation and imagery is the use and enjoyment of 3D technology. Through this link, Melendez was brought into the 21st Century, and aspects of the image were adjusted to fit accordingly.


Not being able to find 3D glasses photographed at the right perspective, I made the glasses myself using layering and shape techniques in Photoshop, and the 3D effect layered on his original sketch is another of my techniques.


In the end, I think the image turned out rather well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment